A certification that shows that you have successfully finished a vaccination course is the COVID-19 vaccine certificate. We must always carry the certificate with us because it serves as a pass to use several essential services offered all over the world due to the ongoing pandemic. However, the COVID-19 immunization records can be easily accessed by saving them to the smartphone. Apple included a new feature with the release of iOS 15.1, enabling iPhone users to keep and retrieve a digital copy of their COVID-19 immunization and test documents in the Health application. With this, users can create a vaccination card in Apple Wallet by uploading their immunization status to the Health app.
The records for the COVID-19 immunization and test results records function similarly to paper documents that have an official seal. A checkmark in the iPhone’s Health app denotes verifiable health records and suggests that they haven’t been altered since they were first created.
How to add a Covid Vaccination certificate on iPhone?
- On the iPhone, launch the camera application and scan the QR code.
- A Health application notification will appear on the screen as soon as the iPhone recognizes the QR code.
- Click the notification from the Health app.
- To save the COVID-19 immunization information to Apple Health and Apple Wallet, select Add to Wallet & Health.
- Click Done.
- Some healthcare suppliers also provide files that can be downloaded. To attach information to Apple Wallet and Apple Health in those circumstances, press the download link and choose to Add to Wallet & Health.
How to add a Covid Vaccination certificate to Apple Wallet?
If you have already updated the COVID-19 vaccination records in the Apple Health application, you can still update them to Apple Wallet.
For this, follow the steps given below:
- Activate the Health application.
- Click the Summary option present on the lower left side.
- Tap “Add to Wallet” under Vaccination Record.
- If the “Add to Wallet” option is not present
- Select Immunizations from the Browse menu.
- Select the type of immunization record.
- Tap Add to Wallet after selecting the verified vaccination record that is shown with a checkmark.
Before continuing, it should be acknowledged that iOS 15.1 must be installed on the iPhone. Users can retrieve their COVID-19 vaccination information at any time once it has been added. However, in order to fully view it, users must first authenticate their identity using Face ID, Touch ID, or a passcode. The user’s name, vaccine type, dose dates, issuer, and QR code will be displayed. Others cannot access this data.