The global pandemic which happened in 2020 and stayed through 2022 has brought in major social-economic alterations. It has mandated work from culture, digital transformations and huge developments in the cloud technologies. The shift from traditional infrastructure in Information technology to cloud based applications and infrastructure has been really quick and sudden. From being only in the introductory stage, to becoming the only means available to move the business forward, there has been a tremendous upshift in the cloud computing world. It all started in 2020 and now we are in 2023 and three years on, there is no looking back.
Talking about the cloud computing trends, below are 7 of them that can create a huge impact :
- Higher investment in cloud security : As the number of organizations relying on the cloud network to host their applications increase, so is the need of cloud security increasing. Creating a secure environment in the cloud is expected to become a top priority in 2023. The companies are exposed to an increasing number of cyber security threats with the increased use of cloud technologies. New government regulations will also need to companies to pay more attention to cyber security and create a secure environment on the internet. This will also mean increased use of predictive technologies like Artificial Intelligence to detect potential threats automatically.
- Multi-cloud technologies : Initially, it all started with a one cloud model but now it has evolved into hybrid cloud and in 2023, it is expected to become multi-cloud. According to reports, a majority of medium to large companies will adopt a multi cloud strategy in 2023. Business are most likely to diversify their horizon of services across multiple providers of cloud space. It increases the security and decreases the risk of service being tied up to only one cloud storage service provider.
- AI and ML powered Cloud services : Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning are gaining a lot of popularity in the recent times and more and more businesses are inclining towards these latest technologies. Not all businesses have the resources to build their own AI and ML powered platforms, hence they are using rent services as a cost efficient option. Cloud service providers use these technologies to manage their vast network, enhance security and maintain data centres. In 2023, cloud migration service providers like Amazon will continue exploring these technologies and innovations using these.
- Low code cloud services : There are tools that allow the users to create web applications without writing a single line of code. These tools are gaining immense popularity. It is now possible to create a full fledged website using these tools and platforms. These services are going to gain more popularity in 2023.
- Cloud Gaming : Streaming services like Netflix, Hotstar, prime video etc have changed the way we see movies on shows. Companies like amazon and Microsoft are heavily investing in gaming streaming services where you can not only watch movies, but also play online games on these OTT platforms. One of these options has already been explored in the Netflix series Black Mirror where in one of the episodes, users could input their choice from the two options available and the story would change accordingly. In 2023, we can expect a lot more innovation on similar lines in online gaming. The rollout of 5G technology will act as a catalyst in this innovation as streaming games requires more bandwidth and strong internet connection.
- Adaption of Software–defined-everything : This is a concept where you use a software to manage a company’s vital operations such as storage, network etc. The aim of using software-defined-everything or SDx is to automate the operational activities of the company. One can expect an increased adaption of SDx in 2023.
- Blockchain and Kubernets : Blockchain has been in the news for some time. It has become one of the game changing technologies in the field of finance. Kubernets is a free to use container orchestration platform that allows the business to deploy, scale and manage containerised infrastructure automatically. In 2023, we can expect more innovations in these two technologies.
So these are the upcoming cloud computing trends of 2023 and we are going to see and read and use a lot about them in the coming days. So brace yourself for using these new and up-to-date technologies for your business.